Monday, October 28, 2013

Painting on Plywood


 Hello!

 Today I painted this lady on a piece of 1/2 inch plywood. It measures about 3 x 8 in. I used watercolors for the face except for the black and acrylics for the rest. I like the way the wood shows through on the face. It absorbed the watercolors and the sealer which made some cool distressed looking lies in it. I really like the way the whole thing looks a little crackled from the wood. 
My Dad cut out a whole bunch of pieces for me and I can't wait to make some more!  thanks Dad!

Thanks for looking:)



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful.....love this piece on a narrow piece of wood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally awesome Angela!
    The wood gives it a textured look and it is great! I love this!
    Yeah! thanks Dad!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...